Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mum and Dad's Butcherbirds

Mum and Dad have these beautiful Butcherbirds come to visit each day. They have been coming for months now and since becoming regular visitors have hatched chicks which have now left the nest and are also coming for their morning snack too.

The young birds bring things to show mum - sometimes a worm or a grasshopper or an equally delicious morsel.

The male will take food from dad's fingers but the female is more reserved. They sit and sing and sing each morning (and sometimes in the afternoons as well).

I think Butcherbirds have one of the most beautiful songs .... they are equal with the magpies for their songs.

No comments:

Hi to Everyone

Hi to Everyone, thanks for browsing my blog. These are just my ramblings about nothing & everything happening in our little bit of Australia.

This year I will be sharing with you my love of paper craft.