Monday, April 19, 2010

Mangoes

After years of not having many mangoes set on our trees we had a bumper crop this last season. It was a combination of having the drought break plus getting the rain at the right time. Mangoes can be touchy with the fruit setting. The year before last there was plenty of blossom but no fruit.

We have two R2E2 trees which give the best fruit.
I am not sure which type of mango these are as this tree was established when we moved into the house however I think it may be a Bowen.
Some of the fruit.
These are the old CDs which I hang in the trees to keep the cockatoos away from the fruit trees....and yes.....they do work.

No comments:

Hi to Everyone

Hi to Everyone, thanks for browsing my blog. These are just my ramblings about nothing & everything happening in our little bit of Australia.

This year I will be sharing with you my love of paper craft.