Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dad's Birthday

Well dad had a wonderful 80th birthday. Starting with a morning tea on Thursday which was his actual birthday. Mum had a few friends from neighbouring cottages come over to help him celebrate.

Then on Saturday we had a brunch for him at home. There were 32 here including family. Hubby & my brother did a lovely bar-b-que of bacon, tomatoes, eggs & chippolatas. There were also bread rolls, chocolate danish, cheese danish & croissants as well as lovely fruit platters.

The day was a bit warm although a lovely breeze picked up however we did end up having the cake & coffee in the breezeway as under the pergola was starting to get very warm by then. Although the kids thought it was great as they were able to swim most of the day.

My two sisters and SIL were terrific with organising the food and cleaning up although our family is always like that - it's always fun chatting in the kitchen while working.

1 comment:

suruha said...

Those times in the kitchen with family are good memory-makers. Seems like there is always something good going on. LOL I have fond memories of all of us girls in the kitchen with mom. (Boo-hoo)

Thanks for sharing this with us. I have enjoyed it. I love your photography, too. Nice macro shots!

Su

Hi to Everyone

Hi to Everyone, thanks for browsing my blog. These are just my ramblings about nothing & everything happening in our little bit of Australia.

This year I will be sharing with you my love of paper craft.