Saturday, January 31, 2009

My first traditional scrapbook layout for 2009

Well I have been totally unmotivated to scrap - the think tank has run dry and I just have no inspiration whatsoever but Craft and Scrap have a new weekly challenge called Two-sdays where a new challenge is posted every Tuesday. This week we had to do a layout with 2 flowers in it.

I had a play with my MM Slice and made my flowers and scrolls. That machine just saves so much time - it's just brilliant.

I chose photos which I took of our Blackboys (Grasstrees). These have always held a fascination for me. I love the way after a fierce bush-fire, come a shower of rain and they send out a new skirt and spear.

Just after the drought I lit the skirts of mine and they have come on beautifully with new green growth and lovely spears.

2 comments:

SarahB said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Great layout, I really like the flowers! Those plants look fascinating!

Census said...

I have never heard of Blackboys, they sound fascinating..they actually thrive after being on fire!!!
They are lovely. Thanks for sharing them.
Hugs
June

Hi to Everyone

Hi to Everyone, thanks for browsing my blog. These are just my ramblings about nothing & everything happening in our little bit of Australia.

This year I will be sharing with you my love of paper craft.