Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January Journal

On the 15th January my niece came to stay for a few days. She is such good company and we had lots of fun beading and doing other crafts. She also spend time throwing balls to the dogs and riding her push-bike as well as playing 'Horse Games' on the internet. She know so much about computers for her age.

On the Thursday mum and dad (mama & papa) came for the day and first of all Brooke was helping mama scrapbook and then she went outside to see what papa was doing. He was altering his old workbench to fit into the shed at their new home.

As you can see Shadow (Shaddiegirl) my little kelpie was helping dad too. She gets so excited when any noise is being made. Especially with electrical tools and also the lawn mower. Here she is throwing her ball to dad to get his attention.
Mum also asked me to take a photo of her old dog Heinzie as she wants a nice one to put on the wall of their new home. Being a retirement village they were unable to take him with them but fortunately we were able to "adopt" him and our place was like a second home to him anyway. They have had him for nearly 11 years so it was very upsetting for mum to have to give him away but at least they get to see him regularly and he just loves having a big yard to run around in and explore.
These are some of our native residents. Little brush tail possums who make themselves at home wherever. They had built drays in the trees around our house but I think in they were damaged in the wild storms we had so now some of them take refuge in our shed during the day. They are quite unperturbed by us moving about in the shed. At night they dance on our roof in their hob-nail boots - LoL.

Here they are snuggled up behind the tools.
And this photo was taken the day after with them on top of the cupboard.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Hi there Keryn !:)

I now have a blog too, well I've had one for ages, but only have remembered to write some stuff in it ! :)

I love yours, and all your photos and scrapbook creations. Very nice ! :)

I am not sure how to add you as a contact? with mine it has a 'follow me' area you can click on to be added.

Hope life is good with you ?

Jules xoxo

http://julesangelsa.blogspot.com/

Hi to Everyone

Hi to Everyone, thanks for browsing my blog. These are just my ramblings about nothing & everything happening in our little bit of Australia.

This year I will be sharing with you my love of paper craft.