Saturday, November 29, 2008

YAY !! - managed a few more layouts this month

I didn't think I was going to get many challenges done this month as I had a bit of a wipe out again with a Fibro flare-up & then the flu symptoms & dropping tiredness I get with the Chronic Fatigue but as usual I bounced back again & managed to complete a few this past week. I get really frustrated with myself if I don't complete a few layouts each month - LoL.

If it wasn't for challenges from differend scrapbook forums I probably wouldn't be motivated to complete anything.

"A Time to Reflect" was for a Mystical Scrapbook challenge using a page from a magazine as inspiration. I chose to use the outside theme with the chair and also picked out the colours from two of the cushions. I had been wondering how to scrap these photos and this challenge seemed to match the photos perfectly.

"Trimming the Tree" was a Hybrid Designs challenge where we had to use a combination of digital and traditional scrapping. I am still only fairly new to the world of hybrid scrapping and struggle a bit with combining the two techniques. However I found this old photo taken nearly 48 years ago which I had been wanting to scrap for quite some time so thought that this challenge presented a great opportunity.

Mmmmm - was certainly glad that I wasn't there to take this photo on the day that our son was abseiling in the Blue Mountains. Don't know whether I would have been too keen on having him jump off an 80m cliff - LoL - even though he had experience with abseiling.......it's still a LONG way down. This layout was for Puzzle Sketches - a blog which I have just found that gives you pieces to use in your own way. This time it was 2 squat rectangles, a tree, some 'bubbles' and a long rectangle with a torn side.

My final layout this month was for a Mystical Scrapbooks challenge using 2 photos, 4 pieces of PP & 5 buttons. These photos are of our son and his old Kelpie - "Amber" - on the morning he took her to the vet to be put to sleep. Poor old Amber had suffered a few minor strokes in the past couple of years but in September she had a more severe one which left her unable to walk, or swallow. She had been such a loyal family member & totally owner "her boy".

No comments:

Hi to Everyone

Hi to Everyone, thanks for browsing my blog. These are just my ramblings about nothing & everything happening in our little bit of Australia.

This year I will be sharing with you my love of paper craft.