Sunday, November 9, 2008

My T-Bag Flower

I have just finished making some t-bag folded flowers and have had a few requests for the instructions. They are really very simple - basically just squares and kite folds.

Step 1: Cut out your squares - the size depends on how big you want your flower to be. For smaller flower you will only want 3 layers of petals or for a large one maybe 5 or 6. Most of the ones I make have the 4 rows of petals. You will need 8 squares of each size. My sizes here are 3.8cm (1 1/2 inch); 3.2cm (1 1/4 inch); 2.5cm (1 inch) & 1.9cm (3/4 inch).

Step 2: Fold all squares in half so you have a centre crease line & then fold the outside points in to the centre to form a kite shape. Fold this kite shape in half & snip off the tips as shown in the photo and then open out to the kite again.

Step 3: Now you need to cut a piece of heavier paper or card which will be you base for sticking the petals on to. Mine is about 5cm (2 inches) square. Starting with the largest size - place the petals loosely in a circle so you have some idea of how they will sit.

Step 4: Now use either glue or DST to adhere them to the card. (I personally find DST the best).

Step 5: Do the same with the next row of petals.

Step 6: This is attaching the third row.

Step 7: Now for the fourth and final row. Then you can embellish your flower with either kindyglitz, glimmermist or bling.

Have fun with your flowers.

1 comment:

Census said...

You make it look so easy..mind you glue and I have a funny effect on each other!! Well, the glue has a funny effect on me!! It just loves me..so much it can't let me go!!
I love the tea bag flower though and may even have a go it looks so great.

Hi to Everyone

Hi to Everyone, thanks for browsing my blog. These are just my ramblings about nothing & everything happening in our little bit of Australia.

This year I will be sharing with you my love of paper craft.