Monday, November 17, 2008

More of my Australian Native Flowers

I love all he variation in colours and petals of the natives. I love having plants which attract the birds and try to have a variety of plants flowering at all times of the year.

These are a couple of my favourites. The flowers are quite small but the plants are absolutely covered in them.
The following pictures show one of the Grevillea flowers in different stages of opening right through to the seeds forming.

And finally - another Grevillea & one with the seed pods open.

4 comments:

suruha said...

Your site is beautiful! I love the flowers! I just wanted to pop in and say "hello". See you at the Cottage.

Su

Census said...

Keryn your wonder photographs of your garden and the fantastic plants always boost my day! Thank you!!
I see your sunshine and stop shivering in the cold for just a moment...I can almost feel you suns warmth. Thank you for warming my chilly days!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic flowers, Keryn!
That water dragon is so cute ~ I have seen Goannas (sp?), skinks, Blue-Tongued Lizards, but never a Water Dragon!
Your blog is LOVELY!!!
Thanks so much for sharing!
I'm sending a little something your way, to thank you for posting at
the Cottage ~ Hope you like..
:)

Stella
http://cottagescrapbooks.com

Census said...

I just popped back to look at these gorgeous blossoms..I need my sunshine fix from your photos!! Thank you so much for sharing them and brightening my winter days!!

Hi to Everyone

Hi to Everyone, thanks for browsing my blog. These are just my ramblings about nothing & everything happening in our little bit of Australia.

This year I will be sharing with you my love of paper craft.