Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Our Weekend Away

Well hubby and I had a lovely time away last week. He was able to pull two RDO's so we had three nights down the coast at Labrador. Stayed in lovely units right on the beachfront - "Sandcastles on the Broadwater". We didn't have anything much planned to do - just wanted a relaxing break. I caught up with a lovely lady who I met through Blumars - we've been chatting on line for a few months & were finally able to meet up. Had a wonderful time ....... the time just flew ......... arrived at about 11:30am & before we knew it was 4:30pm.

While there we were also able to visit our ex-pastor, his wife & their family. It was great to have a proper catch up.

We were able to go for walks along the foreshore most days - it's a very pretty spot. Good walking / bike paths & a fantastic spot for water sports as well as having a lagoon for swimming in. I'm not a swimming in the sea person though - prefer a heated pool - don't like getting salty & sandy. We were fortunate with the weather too as showers had been predicted but nothing eventuated.

Stopped at my parents for lunch on the Sunday & then I stayed with mum & dad for a couple of days. Had a lovely time doing some craft & went out for coffee too. I did some tea-bag folding medallions & tried out some new patterns.

No comments:

Hi to Everyone

Hi to Everyone, thanks for browsing my blog. These are just my ramblings about nothing & everything happening in our little bit of Australia.

This year I will be sharing with you my love of paper craft.