Sunday, April 5, 2009

Splish Splash

Yesterday I decided to have all the dogs hydrobathed. They hadn't been washed for a few weeks and with all the wet weather were getting rather dirty and starting to 'smell' like dogs - lol. I do usually wash them myself but with my arms being the way the are at the moment thought I would splurge and have them washed instead.

They are all so different with their baths. Heinzie - after being very reluctant to start with - realised what was happening an then started to almost nod-off in the tub. Who wouldn't with lovely warm water flowing over you.

Then came Shadow who wants to bite the water coming from the nozzle all the time. As long as she has her treasured ball to play with she will leave the water alone but then chased the ball around the tub instead. Unfortunately Shadow like to continuously shake so that the bather ends up as wet at the bathee....lol.

Lastly Coco - I don't think he'd ever had a hydrobath before. After plopping himself down in front of the doorway was finally coaxed up into the tub. At first he was very hesitant but after a bit totally relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Here is Coco having his bath.

11 comments:

Census said...

Looks good Keryn...I wouldn't mind one of those myself, lol!!
I think I need to try Charlie with a bath, so far I haven't been brave enough but who knows perhaps I will.
I hope that your arms are not too bad at the moment, it's no fun having constant pain.
If I amke it to your part of the world then count me in for the barbeque!!

Leann McClain said...

Your dogs are sweet!!! Glad I ran into you......
I hope you have a great Easter and I'll talk to you soon!!!

Teri's Scrappin' PlayTime said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my granddaughter's flower! That was great of you. I will have to show Deanna your site, she is an animal lover - especially dogs!
Take care and Happy Easter.
Smiles, Teri~

Census said...

Hi keryn. I hope all goes well with you. I bathed Charlie last week, well he actually gets bathed quite a lot...he's a very muddy dog most of time.
Needless to say today was rain..and he was muddy again!!
June

Lady D said...

Hi Keryn! Just popped in to say THANKS for commenting at my site! Your kind words mean a lot to me since most people "snag" and never comment. You are a Doll and please bring coffee and a snack on next visit! Big HUGS!

Jules said...

Hi Keryn :)
How are you keeping?
I can just imagine your dogs loving their hydrobath ! They must have felt, looked and smelled so clean and beautiful after !
Our dogs would love it too i reakon ! :)
They are small and easy enough to wash in our bath (well my hubby washes them for me) ;-)
Take care
Love
Jules xoxo

Unknown said...

Hi keryn, could you please contact me!! aquariusdes(at)gmail.com

Louisette passion retriever, cat, memory Katanga said...

Lovely blog and scrap, greeting from Belgium.

C.F.P. said...

Dear, you cna grab the sea shell papers from my bolg now...sorry for the mistake. By the way, I love the odissey about washing and cleaning my Droopy dog.;) cheers!

C.F.P. said...

This is for you ;))))
http://digiscrapbykrl.blogspot.com/2009/06/more-shells.html

suruha said...

Hi, Keryn! You are so sweet. I'm happy if it helped you. It is so hard with elder parents. Like you say, one day, they won't be here. Mine are both gone. We make it, though, sweetheart. We always make it. You know why? Because those two fine people we call parents taught us how. As a mom and granny, myself, my greatest reward would be that they heard and heeded something I taught them.

You'll make them proud.

Hugs for you!

Su

Hi to Everyone

Hi to Everyone, thanks for browsing my blog. These are just my ramblings about nothing & everything happening in our little bit of Australia.

This year I will be sharing with you my love of paper craft.