Monday, October 13, 2008

REALLY REALLY UPSET & ANGRY ...........

GRRR - Had a rotweiller come out at me this morning when I was going for my walk. It was so scary - he really meant it too. At first I thought he was going to stay inside his gateway but he came across the street to have a go. I really thought I was going to end up being attacked. Fortunately I was carrying an umbrella because it looked like rain but I didn't want to aggrevate the dog more so just slowly backed away & didn't look at him.

I had to get past him to go home otherwise it meant an additional 5 klm walk so in the end I had to flag down a passing motorist & he drove me past the dog & up to the corner of the main road. I don't think I have ever been so scared.

Got home and just collapsed in a heap - I think it all hit me so sat down in front of the TV for a while & have now made a nice hot cup of coffee & am sitting here catching up with some computer.

Rang the council & put in a complaint but it's not classed as an attack because I wasn't bitten - it's just a worrying incident. However they didn't have Rottie registered for that address & when they rang the owners the council was told that no - they don't own that sort of dog. But they also said they have stray dogs come in because they don't have a gate but I have now taken photos of the property WITH the gate showing. They are short staffed at the moment and didn't send anyone out either.

However I have since remembered that another walker had the same thing happen to her earlier this year so I am going to mention that to the council too as they investigated that one.

Anyway - feeling better now.

No comments:

Hi to Everyone

Hi to Everyone, thanks for browsing my blog. These are just my ramblings about nothing & everything happening in our little bit of Australia.

This year I will be sharing with you my love of paper craft.