Sunday, August 31, 2008

More Challenges for August

Well had a couple of quiet weeks at the end of August but then I found my mojo to do some challenges ......... I then ended up getting quite a few finished. Always find the ones with a page sketch easier as at the moment my brain doesn't seem to want to compute when it comes to designing something - LoL. Think it's still getting over winter.

Well I managed to do the WhiteWith1 challenge - always enjoy that one as you have to really think about what you are doing only using white with the challenge colour. This month it was yellow & about flowers so I used photos of some of my orchids. These are a little native orchid which are growing in an old stump in our front yard.

I didn't manage any Scrap Therapy challenges this month but finished a class from last month - yeah - am a bit slow getting around to doing things.... but better late than never I guess. The title was "so U think U can" ................. I chose a great photo of my nephew in his big brother's scout uniform - thought he looked so cute.
I didn't think I was going to manage the second Black Magic challenge this month but managed to finish it on Sunday afternoon.

The other Mystical Scrapbook Challenges which I ended up completing for the month was a second 'use your stash' one - incorporating birds. The photos didn't necessarily have to be birds but I had pictures of these gorgeous statues taken in the Maroochydore Botanical Bush Gardens and had been looking for the perfect layout for them.

And the following one - seems I must have had a time of taking photos of statues.........LoL. These fish are along the foreshore at Labrador on the Gold Coast. I couldn't resist getting a picture of them. Always like taking photos of different things.

The following are the challenges which I did for Blumars. The theme this month for the card & LO was just using the colours blue & yellow. I still think the pelican LO looks a bit bare but I didn't want to clutter it & take away from the photos. Not sure what if any journalling to do as the previous page is on the same theme and I have written on that.

I really didn't know what to do with the card as I'm not a card maker. Would rather do LOs and OTPs however this is my effort. I wanted a happy card as we were just about to go into spring.

There was no photographic challenge this month as it carried over from last month but the QTC (quick technique challenge was easy - just a double layout.)

And the OTP was to decorate or make a card box which was a good idea for me as I am starting to have a few cards building up from different challenges. Now I have somewhere to store them. No excuses now for having them buried underneath all my scapping stuff.

No comments:

Hi to Everyone

Hi to Everyone, thanks for browsing my blog. These are just my ramblings about nothing & everything happening in our little bit of Australia.

This year I will be sharing with you my love of paper craft.