Tuesday, August 25, 2009

CREEC Sustainable Living Fair

Last Saturday Judy and I went to CREEC (which is the local council's environmental education centre) for the morning to have a browse around their annual sustainable fair. We found out a lot of information on composting, organic gardening, water saving, the use of solar power etc.

I was interested also in finding out more about growing native trees with edible fruit and also planting more species of trees which will support our local wildlife. I ended up with two Davidson Plums, two Hoveas and another small growing shrub with edible berries.

At the 'Land for Wildlife' display they also had some native lizards two of which are common to our area ..... the bearded dragon and water dragon.

Bearded Dragon..........................
Frilled Neck Lizard ...................
Water Dragon ............................
They were so friendly and didn't mind having their photos taken or being touched.

No comments:

Hi to Everyone

Hi to Everyone, thanks for browsing my blog. These are just my ramblings about nothing & everything happening in our little bit of Australia.

This year I will be sharing with you my love of paper craft.