Thursday, July 23, 2009

Visit to Orchid Show

I know .......... when it comes to taking photos of flowers I just can't help myself.

These beautiful orchids and broms were some of the 100's of specimens on display at the yearly orchid show in Caboolture earlier this month. I have never seen so many colours and types, shapes and sizes. They ranged from tiny flowers - no more than 1 cm across to some which must have been 15cm.

The perfumes of some of the orchids were so soft and delicate yet others quite sickly sweet.







There was also a display of broms and these were two of the more eye-catching ones.

I loved this one - it reminded me of a bad hair day - lol.

4 comments:

Whimsical said...

The show looks like it was fantastic (I love shows like this). Your photos are gorgeous, thanks! :-))

C.F.P. said...

very nice photos :)

MLDesign said...

wahooooo, it's fantastic, i love yours photos, merci beaucoup...

Deesap said...

Hello Keryn, I just adore your orchids. I just wish my 1 miserable pot full was as stunning as yours, love.
Mine was rescued after the floods we experienced last November and it flowered for the first time in about 8 years so maybe neglect and/or rough treatment is the thing they thrive on, lol.
Gorgeous pix of the Caboolture show orchids.

Hi to Everyone

Hi to Everyone, thanks for browsing my blog. These are just my ramblings about nothing & everything happening in our little bit of Australia.

This year I will be sharing with you my love of paper craft.