Friday, July 3, 2009

A Bit of Neglect Does Wonders

I have been baby-sitting mum's plants since their move last year while she finds homes for them at their new cottage. Unfortunately my plants don't get the TLC from me which mum gives to hers but a bit of neglect has certainly been the tonic needed for this orchid. I'm not sure what sort it is although mum calls it a Vanilla Orchid as it has the most beautiful perfume.

Apparently this orchid flowered the first year in which mum purchased it but has stubbornly refused to flower since. Whether it is from all the rain which we've had this year or the cooler weather however it's decided to put out the most beautiful display with three lovely flower
spikes.

And of course as usual - if I am paying attention to anything other then Shadow she has to get into the act with her ball.

5 comments:

Census said...

They are gorgeous!! Makes my garden flowers look ordinary!!
Shadow is just standing as if to say "Now do I dare?".
Have a great day!

Isabel said...

Gorgeous flowers! thanks for visiting my blog :)

Lynn said...

HiKeryn,
What a beautiful flower, i would hate to give it back lol
Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely messages they are very much appreciated.I will link you on mine when i leave here.
Have a lovely week,hugs Lynn xx

Aurien said...

You have an award on my blog hunni
http://aurien.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

It looks like a Zygopetalum orchid.

Hi to Everyone

Hi to Everyone, thanks for browsing my blog. These are just my ramblings about nothing & everything happening in our little bit of Australia.

This year I will be sharing with you my love of paper craft.