Saturday, May 30, 2009

Our Holiday at Caloundra

Mum and I decided to spend a week at Caloundra which is a lovely town at the sea-side about about 1 1/2 hours drive north of Brisbane. My dad is currently on holidays in Germany visiting family & friends so I thought it would be nice to take mum away for a little while too as she has too much difficulty with long flights now and wasn't able to travel with dad.

We stayed in a lovely unit which overlooked both Bulcock & Kings Beaches & was very central to the main street so we spent a few days just browsing, then stopping for lunch at one of the wonderful cafes before heading back to "home".

Mum has a cousin who only lives a few minutes drive away from where we were staying so we dropped around for morning tea.

Here are mum and I with mum's new car ...
And Mum with her cousin Val.
On Sunday we went for a browse around the Caloundra Markets which are held in the main street. The traffic is diverted every Sunday morning for a few hours and the stall holders line up on each side of the road. It is a really wonderful market as is no trash & treasure amongst any of it with lots of home made goodies.
Mum and I on the boardwalk which is just below the units where we stayed.
This photo was taken from Bulcock Beach.
And this one was taken from the boadtwalk loooking towards Kings Beach.
I spotted this Straw-Necked Ibis when walking along the water front. It was obviously used to having people around as I was able to get quite close to take a photo.

No comments:

Hi to Everyone

Hi to Everyone, thanks for browsing my blog. These are just my ramblings about nothing & everything happening in our little bit of Australia.

This year I will be sharing with you my love of paper craft.